Monday, October 22, 2007

Are they interested?

Well, just as was planned, the book was received by my teens with mixed reactions.
First,
"Mom, why are you doing this to me? Why do I have to read that?" was the response I received from the 15 year old. My 17 year old surprised me though. He not only was interested but actually already knew some of the facts contained in the book. He found the facts relevant to his life today. He realized that one of his favorite snacks was discovered and cultivated by George Washington Carver, the peanut man. He also was impressed with the fact that a man could wait until he was four years old to speak but still earned the Nobel Prize.

I appreciated his enthusiasm and encouragement. Now I know all my work was not in vain.

Thanks son!
More Later on the new book.

No comments: