Monday, October 15, 2007

Does it keep your ATTENTION?

So, let's begin. What is it about this book, Fingerprints... that would catch and keep the interest of a teen? Page one already has my attention. GUNS. That is the word we have all been hearing all too often in the media lately. Any teenager would be interested in that subject, right? Well, maybe those bullied teens possibly seeking revenge like the fourteen year old in Plymouth Whitemarsh. Or, maybe not. My boys are not very interested in guns.
But, you know what? I am very INTERESTED.

The striations on the bullets, the fibers found under the nails of the victim, the directionality of the glass, all sound quite fascinating to me. A future law enforcement agent, attorney, or an up and coming scientist may all gain from the knowledge in this book. The book, published in 1997 may lack some recent technological advances of today, but the basics are laid out so simply a ten year old could comprehend.

Reading through the book peaks my interest even more. I desire to move on to the more advanced levels of criminal investigations. Maybe another book on the subject will come down the road for us.



If you are interested in this book and would like to purchase it, you can contact me at
Baileysbookworm@yahoo.com

No comments: